- My good friend Anthea Carson just posted a cool game on her facebook page. See if you can find her killer move here, with white to move. Answer at the bottom.
- Colorado added a new tournament this year, the Colorado Senior Championship – seems like a nice idea! I know New Mexico had one when I played down there a couple years ago when I went on a road trip with Paul Grimm, J.C. MacNeil and Andy Rea down there from Denver.
- Interesting piece from 9 News in Denver about chess on the 16th street mall in Denver, where I used to play blitz on occasion.
- If you haven’t seen the new Colorado Chess Informant magazine, it is available for free on http://coloradochess.com. Thanks to editor Fred Spell for the shameless plugs for my newsletter and website
- “Chess, A Musical” coming to Arvada, CO March 27-April 15 http://www.playbill.com/news/article/158506-Casting-Complete-for-Arvada-Centers-Chess. Should be fun! I love Abba, and chess!
- I just added a new bonus for all Tactics Time customers – a copy of all of my 132 newsletters that I have written in PDF format. You can see a link now on the download page where you can download individual issues, or a zip file containing all of them. This way you don’t have to wait to get them in the mail, and sometimes I go back, and make corrections, or improve the image, or add more variations, etc.
Answer: 22. Qxf6! is a helmet to helmet concussion giving skull crusher. If 22… gxf6 23.Nf7#, and any other move, black is just down a rook. Very Nice Anthea!