- Sales of the Tactics Time eBook have been great. We are still number 1 in the Kindle chess book sales. We have been in and out of the top ten for all book sales. I am guessing that a lot of people are buying paper chess books as Christmas presents, as books like “Chess for Dummies” have been selling well.
- We are looking into publishing the book in multiple langauges. Edson Cortiano in Brazil is working on a Spanish and Portugese version of the book, and Anthea has been working with someone on getting a Japanese version of the book. Stay tuned for more details!
- Life Master Joel Johnson sent me a copy of his new book, Attacking 101: Volume #001, http://www.amazon.com/Attacking-101-001-Joel-Johnson/dp/1300137045. The book looks really great, and Joel is an expert on the subject. It is much smaller than his other massive Formation Attack books, and focuses only on attacks from the White side. Joel is going to be doing some more guest e-mail newsletters for me as well. Thanks to Brian Wall who gave me the copy, and one for Anthea Carson also.
- Interesting article from Wired Magazine with excerpts from Tim Ferriss’s new book The Four Hour Chef, about “Superhuman performance enhancers”
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-12/20/performance-enhancers. I think that some of these would be of interest to chess players looking to get an “edge” in terms of concentration, and memory.
- If there are any chess bloggers who would be interested in doing a review of my book for their blog, let me know. I can send you a gift copy via amazon.
- I played in a tournament at the “Wild Boar” coffee shop in Fort Collins last weekend, which was fun. I lost to Dean Brown for the first time since 2004. It was funny, because I had made fun of Paul Anderson earlier in the year when he lost to Dean. I had tweeted to him (and my 20,000 followers) ”Sorry to hear you got run over by Dean “The Machine” Brown in a 600 point upset”. Months later Paul didn’t forget, and tweeted “Back at ya!”, which I thought was really funny.
- There were not as many people using illegal electronic devices to notate their games at the Wild Boar as I expected there to be. I was hoping to be able to use this graphic that I made:
- Hope that you have a wonderful Holiday season! Merry Christmas!